Athletics: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners host Stebbing 10
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners hosted the Stebbing 10 on Remembrance Sunday and saw Liz Davis of Springfield Striders break her own female course record.
Davis clocked 58.01 to surpass the old 59.07 mark, after more than 500 runners joined the congregation at the village war memorial for two minutes' silence.
South London Harriers' Kevin Quinn won the race in 51.41, ahead of Springfield's Mark Newton (53.52) and Braintree & District's Tim Woulfe (54.43).
Jackie Stretton (64.07) followed teammate Davis home for the women, with GFDR's Philippa Robinson (67.46) third to win the County Championship female series award.
Quinn, Scott Dryden (59.30), Mark Austin (68.14) and Chris McDonnell (77.32) won the men's age group awards, as Davis, Fiona Halls (71.06), Rebecca Pittman (72.17) and Lynn Tannerr (81.07) took the women's.
You may also want to watch:
Team prizes went to Braintree & District men and Springfield women.
GFDR's Karen Pickering ran a best of 70.44, as Connor Johnson (67.17), Tom Le Masurier (71.29), Alan Fullerton (73.13), Kerry Harrington (85.18), Charlotte King (86.52), Robert Jenkins (99.41) and Louise Garrett (103.33) also ran.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 3 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 4 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 5 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 6 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 7 Award for off-duty police officer who saved a man's life
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show