Athletics: GFDR enjoy Ridley Round
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners were among a group of more than 200 who took part in this year’s Ridley Round race.
Starting at The Compasses in Littley Green, runners visited five pubs each separated by about three miles.
These included The Green Man Howe Street, The Walnunt Tree Broad’s Green, The Leather Bottle Pleshey and The Butchers Arms North End, before returning to The Compasses.
Fastest around the course was Chris Burgoyne of Springfield Striders in one hour 31 minutes, while Colin Jackson was first home for GFDR in 2:33.
Charlotte King, Gillian Robertson and Iaw Lawson were next home, as they ran together, while Jackie Adams finished in 2:55.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Perry, James Hawkes, Richard Percy and Alan Fullerton were also in action, with proceeds going to Essex Air Ambulance.
GFDR will host a 10k road race from Felsted on July 8.
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 6 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert