Athletics: GFDR enjoy Ridley Round
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners were among a group of more than 200 who took part in this year’s Ridley Round race.
Starting at The Compasses in Littley Green, runners visited five pubs each separated by about three miles.
These included The Green Man Howe Street, The Walnunt Tree Broad’s Green, The Leather Bottle Pleshey and The Butchers Arms North End, before returning to The Compasses.
Fastest around the course was Chris Burgoyne of Springfield Striders in one hour 31 minutes, while Colin Jackson was first home for GFDR in 2:33.
Charlotte King, Gillian Robertson and Iaw Lawson were next home, as they ran together, while Jackie Adams finished in 2:55.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Perry, James Hawkes, Richard Percy and Alan Fullerton were also in action, with proceeds going to Essex Air Ambulance.
GFDR will host a 10k road race from Felsted on July 8.
- 1 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 2 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 3 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 4 Jobs boost for community as Dunmow's Caremark sees demand surge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 7 Former Tring Athletic boss Kevin Christou named as new manager at Dunmow Town
- 8 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 9 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex