Athletics: GFDR enjoy Ridley Round
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners were among a group of more than 200 who took part in this year’s Ridley Round race.
Starting at The Compasses in Littley Green, runners visited five pubs each separated by about three miles.
These included The Green Man Howe Street, The Walnunt Tree Broad’s Green, The Leather Bottle Pleshey and The Butchers Arms North End, before returning to The Compasses.
Fastest around the course was Chris Burgoyne of Springfield Striders in one hour 31 minutes, while Colin Jackson was first home for GFDR in 2:33.
Charlotte King, Gillian Robertson and Iaw Lawson were next home, as they ran together, while Jackie Adams finished in 2:55.
Nick Perry, James Hawkes, Richard Percy and Alan Fullerton were also in action, with proceeds going to Essex Air Ambulance.
GFDR will host a 10k road race from Felsted on July 8.
- 1 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
- 4 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 5 Dunmow TKD enjoy medal-laden trip to British Championships
- 6 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 7 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
- 8 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
- 9 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 10 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak