Athletics: Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners enjoy Manchester Marathon test
- Credit: Archant
Four members of Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners were among 13,000 finishers at the Greater Manchester Marathon on Sunday.
The UK’s second biggest marathon follows a flat route, leading to fast times, and was won by Aaron Richmond (Bideford AAC) in 2:21.34.
Dan Reynolds was fastest for GFDR in a personal best of 2:47.51, just ahead of James Bosher (2:48.51), as Karen Pickering (3:31.19) and Tony Karas (3:37.33) also set new bests.
Claire Hall competed in the British Duathlon Championships at Bedford Autodrome and was first in the F45-49 category in 2:13.06, after a 10k run (40.56), 39k bike ride (1:08.19) and additional 5k run (22.26).
Closer to home, four GFDR members took part in the Centenary Circle 20-mile race, following the circular footpath created in 1988 to mark the 100th anniversary of the granting of borough status to Chelmsford.
You may also want to watch:
The event attracted 47 runners and was won by Colin Harper (Little Baddow Ridge Runners) in 2:40.55, while GFDR’s Kerry Harrington (3:26.24) was 15th along with Lee Prowse (3:26.28), as Glenda and Colin Jackson came home in 4:30.19.
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 6 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert