Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners enjoy Friday Night 5
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners sent a group of 21 members to Springfield Striders’ Friday Night 5 event.
The five-mile race covered a two-lap course though Pleshey and Rachel Sweatt (29.36) was the fastest female.
Dan Reynolds was sixth in a personal best of 28.14, while Declan Evans (30.50), Luca Predebon (32.17), Lee Prowse (35.07), Henrietta Butcher (41.23), Louise Garrett (43.55) and Szabina Nemeth (51.56) also beat old marks.
James Bosher (28.30) was followed home by Lee Pickering (29.16), Kevin Marshall (32.12), Philippa Robinson (32.53), Gerard Geurts (33.55) and Antony Karas (33.56).
Marin Atkinson (35.00) was second M60, ahead of Karen Pickering (35.07), John Smith (37.37), Brady Ramsay (40.32), Hayley Smith (41.17) and Hayley Morley (41.24).
You may also want to watch:
Three club members took part in the Phoenix Runderbirds Are Go event, a series of four marathons over four days with loops along the River Stort at Harlow Mill.
Ian Lawson ran on three successive days, clocking 4:29.05, 5:05.35 and 4:52.26 to take his total number of marathons in 52 weeks to 26.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 3 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 4 Raynes Boxing Club duo delighted to return to amateur competition
- 5 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 6 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 7 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 8 Audley End apple festival is this weekend
- 9 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 10 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
Maxine Seward ran her 12th marathon in 12 months in 5:41.14 and Karen Pickering completed the course in 5:12.44.
GFDR hold a 10k road race at Felsted on July 21.