Frustrated Takeley fail to crack Wood
Takeley FC 0 Harold Wood Athletic 0 Takeley FC were held to a frustrating goalless draw at home to Harold Wood Athletic on Saturday in the Essex Olympian League Premier Division. In a match that was stop-start throughout, Takeley were disappointing up
Takeley FC 0
Harold Wood Athletic 0
Takeley FC were held to a frustrating goalless draw at home to Harold Wood
Athletic on Saturday in the Essex Olympian League Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
In a match that was stop-start throughout, Takeley were disappointing up front, although they looked solid and assured at the back.
Harold Wood started strongly and Kelly Hughes was the first player to come close, but his shot flew over
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
Takeley had chances of their own and James Whitbread fired high in front of goal when he may have done better, before Charlie Pollard's cracking low drive hit the inside of the post and came out inches from the opposite upright.
On the break Joe Tungate fired at the goal from 30 yards only to skim the upright and the teams went in level at half-time.
Twelve minutes after the restart Liam Coney fired a cross across the front of the goal, but no Harold Wood player could connect.
The usually solid handling by Takeley keeper James May faltered shortly afterwards, but fortunately for the hosts, Mark Watters was on hand to clear the lines.
Joe Tungate took a free-kick across the front of Takeley goalmouth with 10 minutes to go, but the visitors' forwards were unable to connect.
In the last minute, a free-kick fired across the hosts goalmouth was well intercepted by the defenders.
Takeley still had time to steal the points when the Wood keeper spilt Whitbread's effort, but no Takeley player was on hand to turn in the rebound and the Station Road outfit were forced to settle for a share of
On Saturday Takeley visit visit Leytonstone in the Essex Olympian League 2.15pm kick-off.
Takeley: J May, G Dangerfield, S Szjewski (Captain), Grant Wedlock, M Watters, D Wardle, J Colson, C Pollard, J Whitbread, D McAteer, J Tann Subs: J Horn, R Goodchild, D Lynch, B Collins, C Dorrian, P Goodger.