Frustrated Takeley fail to crack Wood
Takeley FC 0 Harold Wood Athletic 0 Takeley FC were held to a frustrating goalless draw at home to Harold Wood Athletic on Saturday in the Essex Olympian League Premier Division. In a match that was stop-start throughout, Takeley were disappointing up
Takeley FC 0
Harold Wood Athletic 0
Takeley FC were held to a frustrating goalless draw at home to Harold Wood
Athletic on Saturday in the Essex Olympian League Premier Division.
In a match that was stop-start throughout, Takeley were disappointing up front, although they looked solid and assured at the back.
Harold Wood started strongly and Kelly Hughes was the first player to come close, but his shot flew over
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 10 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
Takeley had chances of their own and James Whitbread fired high in front of goal when he may have done better, before Charlie Pollard's cracking low drive hit the inside of the post and came out inches from the opposite upright.
On the break Joe Tungate fired at the goal from 30 yards only to skim the upright and the teams went in level at half-time.
Twelve minutes after the restart Liam Coney fired a cross across the front of the goal, but no Harold Wood player could connect.
The usually solid handling by Takeley keeper James May faltered shortly afterwards, but fortunately for the hosts, Mark Watters was on hand to clear the lines.
Joe Tungate took a free-kick across the front of Takeley goalmouth with 10 minutes to go, but the visitors' forwards were unable to connect.
In the last minute, a free-kick fired across the hosts goalmouth was well intercepted by the defenders.
Takeley still had time to steal the points when the Wood keeper spilt Whitbread's effort, but no Takeley player was on hand to turn in the rebound and the Station Road outfit were forced to settle for a share of
On Saturday Takeley visit visit Leytonstone in the Essex Olympian League 2.15pm kick-off.
Takeley: J May, G Dangerfield, S Szjewski (Captain), Grant Wedlock, M Watters, D Wardle, J Colson, C Pollard, J Whitbread, D McAteer, J Tann Subs: J Horn, R Goodchild, D Lynch, B Collins, C Dorrian, P Goodger.