Foxes & Rabbits success for club captain and daughter
- Credit: Archant
The Foxes & Rabbits Pairs Medal Competition, a popular New Year holiday event at Gosfield Lake Golf Club, was won by club captain Geoff Powdrill and his daughter Sarah.
The competition is played on the Meadows Course at Gosfield and is open to members and members’ guests.
The fox in the team has to play the hole tee to green and the rabbit then has to putt out to complete the hole.
In cold, bright weather, the competition began with a shotgun start.
The result was close when the event finished and the winning team by one stroke were captain Powdrill and his daughter.
You may also want to watch:
In second place, after count back, was Andy Matthews playing with Nick Thorogood, and in third place Ralph Rowe with wife Maggy.
The lowest number of putts was won by Linda Eley, Ethan Richards and George Hewings.
- 1 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Bid to 'join' Dunmow and Easton with more than 1,000 homes blocked
- 4 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 5 Ball bearings shot at Leaden Roding car
- 6 'Outstanding' Town Award winners unveiled
- 7 Essex Highways proposes 11-week closure to main road near Thaxted
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 10 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
The presentation to the captain was made by event organisers Carole and James Robinson.
After the presentation everyone enjoyed lunch together and this was followed by a Men v Ladies quiz which ended with honours even.