Foxes & Rabbits success for club captain and daughter
- Credit: Archant
The Foxes & Rabbits Pairs Medal Competition, a popular New Year holiday event at Gosfield Lake Golf Club, was won by club captain Geoff Powdrill and his daughter Sarah.
The competition is played on the Meadows Course at Gosfield and is open to members and members’ guests.
The fox in the team has to play the hole tee to green and the rabbit then has to putt out to complete the hole.
In cold, bright weather, the competition began with a shotgun start.
The result was close when the event finished and the winning team by one stroke were captain Powdrill and his daughter.
In second place, after count back, was Andy Matthews playing with Nick Thorogood, and in third place Ralph Rowe with wife Maggy.
The lowest number of putts was won by Linda Eley, Ethan Richards and George Hewings.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 8 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 9 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 10 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
The presentation to the captain was made by event organisers Carole and James Robinson.
After the presentation everyone enjoyed lunch together and this was followed by a Men v Ladies quiz which ended with honours even.