Four second half Newham goals send Takeley to defeat
- Credit: Archant
In their first match of 2015, Takeley suffered a 5-2 Essex Senior League Premier Division defeat against Newham.
It was a disappointing delayed start to the year following postponed matches against Enfield 1893, Clapton and Eton Manor.
Newham took a second minute lead through Daniel Crowie only for James Amott to level for Duncan Easley’s side making the score 1-1 at the break.
The second half though was to belong to Newham who netted four times in the space of 10 minutes.
Jack Sawyer put them ahead on 64 minutes with Wesley Borghys, Karl Lewis and Vlad Sighairtau getting on target to wrap up the points.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Standen did pull one back in the last minute for Takeley to make the final score 5-2.
Takeley, 14th in the division, will be looking for their first victory of the year this coming Saturday as they host ninth places Ilford in the league at Station Road.
- 1 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Bid to 'join' Dunmow and Easton with more than 1,000 homes blocked
- 4 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 5 Ball bearings shot at Leaden Roding car
- 6 'Outstanding' Town Award winners unveiled
- 7 Essex Highways proposes 11-week closure to main road near Thaxted
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 10 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm