Four second half Newham goals send Takeley to defeat
- Credit: Archant
In their first match of 2015, Takeley suffered a 5-2 Essex Senior League Premier Division defeat against Newham.
It was a disappointing delayed start to the year following postponed matches against Enfield 1893, Clapton and Eton Manor.
Newham took a second minute lead through Daniel Crowie only for James Amott to level for Duncan Easley’s side making the score 1-1 at the break.
The second half though was to belong to Newham who netted four times in the space of 10 minutes.
Jack Sawyer put them ahead on 64 minutes with Wesley Borghys, Karl Lewis and Vlad Sighairtau getting on target to wrap up the points.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Standen did pull one back in the last minute for Takeley to make the final score 5-2.
Takeley, 14th in the division, will be looking for their first victory of the year this coming Saturday as they host ninth places Ilford in the league at Station Road.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?