Four Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners complete marathon
- Credit: Archant
Competitors in the first Chelmsford Parks Marathon on Sunday were treated to sunshine and a refreshing breeze.
The event was hosted by J’s Hospice, which provides care for young adults in Essex with life-limiting conditions.
The race started in Chelmsford’s Central Park, with the course taking runners out to Writtle followed by a tortuous route through Hylands Park before returning to Chelmsford and into a second lap.
The course was completed by 958 runners, including four from Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR).
The race was won by New Zealander Paul Martelletti in 2 hours 39 minutes 48 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Gerard Geurts, finishing 51st in 3hrs 23mins 15secs, was fastest for GFDR, followed by Ashwin Shah in 3hrs 27mins 53secs. Jo Bisset-Smith finished in 3hrs 57mins 46secs and Hayley Smith in 4hrs 5mins 2secs.
GFDR will be holding a seven mile trail race from the Saracen’s Head, Great Dunmow, on Sunday (October 26).
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust