Football: Takeley’s promotion push hindered by weather
TAKELEY manager Steve Castle has admitted that Takeley’s lack of games in March has not been ideal preparation in their bid to gain promotion from the Essex Senior League.
The former Gillingham player’s men are currently seven points behind first-placed Burnham Ramblers with ten games remaining.
Games against second-placed Great Wakering and mid-table Southend Manor were postponed earlier this month and Takeley are hoping to get their season back on track against Walthamstow Eagles this Sunday.
Castle said: “We have had a lot of games called off and it has not done us any favours.
“Let’s hope that we can get back into things quickly because promotion is still on, but it will be tough- and the weather’s made it tougher.
You may also want to watch:
“All we can do is win all of our games and if we look at what other teams have to go through, they have to play each other which could work in our favour.
“We have kept up with our normal training so hopefully we will be able to get back into things quickly and not lose any sharpness.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 10 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
“It has made things a little bit difficult but every one is in the same position so we’ve got to get on with it and make it affect us less than the other teams.”
Takeley must win the league to be guaranteed promotion into the Isthmian League but the two highest placed runners up from five feeder leagues, of which the Essex Senior League is one- will also move up.