Football: Takeley’s promotion push hindered by weather
TAKELEY manager Steve Castle has admitted that Takeley’s lack of games in March has not been ideal preparation in their bid to gain promotion from the Essex Senior League.
The former Gillingham player’s men are currently seven points behind first-placed Burnham Ramblers with ten games remaining.
Games against second-placed Great Wakering and mid-table Southend Manor were postponed earlier this month and Takeley are hoping to get their season back on track against Walthamstow Eagles this Sunday.
Castle said: “We have had a lot of games called off and it has not done us any favours.
“Let’s hope that we can get back into things quickly because promotion is still on, but it will be tough- and the weather’s made it tougher.
You may also want to watch:
“All we can do is win all of our games and if we look at what other teams have to go through, they have to play each other which could work in our favour.
“We have kept up with our normal training so hopefully we will be able to get back into things quickly and not lose any sharpness.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary
“It has made things a little bit difficult but every one is in the same position so we’ve got to get on with it and make it affect us less than the other teams.”
Takeley must win the league to be guaranteed promotion into the Isthmian League but the two highest placed runners up from five feeder leagues, of which the Essex Senior League is one- will also move up.