Dunmow Rovers' girls advance in Essex County League Cup
- Credit: CATHERINE IVILL/PA
Dunmow Rovers took a huge stride into the second round of the Essex County U13 Girls League Cup with a comprehensive victory over St Cleres.
Tayla Gentry opened the scoring in the 5-0 win after good work from Alice Crisp and Faith Primmer rifled in number two after a Lucia Catto through ball.
That was the score at half-time but Abigail Gypps added a third from the penalty spot and Primmer got her second after terrific work from Maisie Dowsett.
Gentry also helped herself to a brace, finishing the game off with a fifth with the assist to Tilly Belcher.
Caris Thompson and goalkeeper Charlotte Deamer made sure of a clean sheet at the other end.
Takeley took the honours in the Essex Senior League with a 4-2 win away to West Essex in a hastily-arranged fixture, both sides’ initial opponents having to withdraw because of COVID-related reasons.
Elliot Long proved the hero with a hat-trick with Freddie Burrell adding the other one just after half-time.
- 1 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 2 Meet the cast of this year's special Harlow Playhouse pantomime Robin Hood
- 3 Live Nativity returns to Great Dunmow this December
- 4 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 5 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 6 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 7 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 8 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Festive fun comes to Rayne this December