Football: Flitch seal comfortable 5-0 win over Dunton Rangers
Flitch put in a powerful performance to claim a 5-0 win and the points at the expense of fourth-placed Dunton Rangers.
The hosts started in a positive manner and mounted some lightering quick raids down both flanks. It was a move down the left that brought about the opening goal. Adrian Martins released Paul Layzell, who cut inside to shoot at goal but the ball was turned into his own net by a Dunton defender.
The visitors were struggling to contain the home side and fell further behind five minutes before the break as Layzell’s cross was headed home by Billy Sykes.
There was still time in the half for Andy Taylor to pull off a fantastic save to deny Dunton, and for Dan O’Brien to slot home a penalty kick after Sykes was hauled down in the Dunton box.
Flitch’s fourth came after the break. Martins and Mike Morgan combined to set up Chris Harrison, who hammered the ball home.
You may also want to watch:
And Layzell had the last word, winning the ball on half-way line, racing towards goal, rounding the keeper and executing the finish to wrap up a well deserved victory.
Flitch are at home to Silver End United Reserves on Saturday, 2pm kick off.
- 1 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary