Football: Flitch put in battling cup final performance but fall at the last hurdle to Writtle
A PROUD, battling performance from flitch ended a narrow 2-0 defeat in the Southey league Cup Final.
Up against league dhampions Writtle, Flitch were the underdogs going into the game, but from the first whistle, the whole team gave it their all.
Great effort in midfield throughout saw Writtle on the back foot for much of the first half. However, against the run of the play Writtle forced a corner which was turned into his own net by a Flitch defender.
Kyah Mckenzie came close for Flitch on a couple of occasions but the score remained 1-0 at half time.
The second half began the same with Flitch battling away until Writtle were awarded a penalty. Goalkeeper Charlie Vickers got hands to the ball but was unable to stop the shot.
You may also want to watch:
Flitch continued to push on but could not get the breakthrough needed.
However, the whole team were excellent and can all hold their heads high.
- 1 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 Tens of thousands of pounds worth of horse riding gear stolen in High Easter
- 4 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 'This is my life version 2.0' - Doctor marks Covid anniversary with fundraising efforts
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford
- 9 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
• Flitch Youth has two trial days coming up - on Saturday April 28 and Saturday May 5 at 10am. If you would like to go along and have a fun and friendly training session, feel free to attend the grounds at Allcotts Playing Field, Warehouse Road, Stebbing, CM6 1YX and ask for U10 manager Paul.