Football: Flitch put in battling cup final performance but fall at the last hurdle to Writtle
A PROUD, battling performance from flitch ended a narrow 2-0 defeat in the Southey league Cup Final.
Up against league dhampions Writtle, Flitch were the underdogs going into the game, but from the first whistle, the whole team gave it their all.
Great effort in midfield throughout saw Writtle on the back foot for much of the first half. However, against the run of the play Writtle forced a corner which was turned into his own net by a Flitch defender.
Kyah Mckenzie came close for Flitch on a couple of occasions but the score remained 1-0 at half time.
The second half began the same with Flitch battling away until Writtle were awarded a penalty. Goalkeeper Charlie Vickers got hands to the ball but was unable to stop the shot.
You may also want to watch:
Flitch continued to push on but could not get the breakthrough needed.
However, the whole team were excellent and can all hold their heads high.
- 1 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 2 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 5 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 6 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 7 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 8 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 9 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 10 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
• Flitch Youth has two trial days coming up - on Saturday April 28 and Saturday May 5 at 10am. If you would like to go along and have a fun and friendly training session, feel free to attend the grounds at Allcotts Playing Field, Warehouse Road, Stebbing, CM6 1YX and ask for U10 manager Paul.