Football: Flitch collect only one point in double header with champions-elect CT66
FLITCH United will be glad to see the back of this season’s double headers after Saturday’s trip to title contenders CT66 in Canvey Island saw them gain only a single point.
In the first match, a 2-2 draw, they took the lead midway through the second half when Shane Pyne sprung the offside trap and netted with a low shot.
CT66 equalised soon after, but again Flitch took the lead when Paul Layzell released Neil Rivett who finished well. With the match entering its last moments Flitch conceded a late goal.
In the second match Flitch took an early lead when Layzell headed home from Matt Coopersmith’s long throw but CT66 got back on level terms after a slick move. CT66 took the lead after a Flitch defensive slip but to their credit Flitch clawed their way back into the game when Pyne chipped the keeper for two apiece at the break.
The second half started with a hail storm, and Flitch faced a storm of their own as CT66 blitzed them with some clinical finishing to register four more goals to run out comfortable 6-2 winners, and look likely to add the league title having already got the league cup in the bag.
You may also want to watch:
Flitch host Boreham on Saturday, 2pm kick off.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge