Football: Dunmow youngsters fly the flag at Essex FA’s England Football Festival
- Credit: Archant
DUNMOW United Sharks followed up their recent tournament at West Ham’s Upton Park with the Essex FA’s England Football Festival day on Sunday.
The festival, held in Great Baddow, had teams from all over the region with the Sharks flying the flag for Great Dunmow.
The players enjoyed a variety of activities including three five-a-side games against teams from Hawkwell Atheltic, Benfleet Youth and Forest Glade.
They played good passing football, scored some great goals, and made their parents and Dunmow proud with their fair play and sportsmanship.
Following the games, they had a 45-minute skills session with an elite FA coach before moving on to the fun zone which included shooting at targets attached to large inflatable goals, dribbling and agility contests, and a “test the power of your shot” game, which all the players enjoyed immensely.
You may also want to watch:
The day concluded with a presentation for every team attending and each player received a certificate and a goody bag.
Players attending the day were Oliver Amott, William Baddeley, Louie Ford, Harvey Rawlinson, Maxi Smith, George Sweeting, and Ellis Twitchell.
- 1 Parking charge agreed despite 7,500 signature petition to council
- 2 Stroke at 27 - now teacher is giving something back
- 3 Co-op windows are smashed and cigarettes stolen
- 4 Design of 326 houses approved for Dunmow
- 5 Two dogs stolen as Uttlesford dog owners voice concern
- 6 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 7 Essex recruiting on-call firefighters
- 8 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 9 How County Hall is helping our economy bounce back in the wake of the pandemic
- 10 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
The day capped a great first campaign for the Sharks and all the boys are already looking forward to the start of the new season.