Football: Dunmow youngsters fly the flag at Essex FA’s England Football Festival
- Credit: Archant
DUNMOW United Sharks followed up their recent tournament at West Ham’s Upton Park with the Essex FA’s England Football Festival day on Sunday.
The festival, held in Great Baddow, had teams from all over the region with the Sharks flying the flag for Great Dunmow.
The players enjoyed a variety of activities including three five-a-side games against teams from Hawkwell Atheltic, Benfleet Youth and Forest Glade.
They played good passing football, scored some great goals, and made their parents and Dunmow proud with their fair play and sportsmanship.
Following the games, they had a 45-minute skills session with an elite FA coach before moving on to the fun zone which included shooting at targets attached to large inflatable goals, dribbling and agility contests, and a “test the power of your shot” game, which all the players enjoyed immensely.
You may also want to watch:
The day concluded with a presentation for every team attending and each player received a certificate and a goody bag.
Players attending the day were Oliver Amott, William Baddeley, Louie Ford, Harvey Rawlinson, Maxi Smith, George Sweeting, and Ellis Twitchell.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
The day capped a great first campaign for the Sharks and all the boys are already looking forward to the start of the new season.