Football: Dunmow youngsters fly the flag at Essex FA’s England Football Festival
- Credit: Archant
DUNMOW United Sharks followed up their recent tournament at West Ham’s Upton Park with the Essex FA’s England Football Festival day on Sunday.
The festival, held in Great Baddow, had teams from all over the region with the Sharks flying the flag for Great Dunmow.
The players enjoyed a variety of activities including three five-a-side games against teams from Hawkwell Atheltic, Benfleet Youth and Forest Glade.
They played good passing football, scored some great goals, and made their parents and Dunmow proud with their fair play and sportsmanship.
Following the games, they had a 45-minute skills session with an elite FA coach before moving on to the fun zone which included shooting at targets attached to large inflatable goals, dribbling and agility contests, and a “test the power of your shot” game, which all the players enjoyed immensely.
You may also want to watch:
The day concluded with a presentation for every team attending and each player received a certificate and a goody bag.
Players attending the day were Oliver Amott, William Baddeley, Louie Ford, Harvey Rawlinson, Maxi Smith, George Sweeting, and Ellis Twitchell.
- 1 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 2 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 6 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 7 Stations benefit from funding
- 8 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 9 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
The day capped a great first campaign for the Sharks and all the boys are already looking forward to the start of the new season.