Football: Dunmow Scorpions seal League Cup final victory
DUNMOW Scorpions are deserving cup winners after an entertaining final played at Witham Town FC.
Following a tight start Dunmow started to test the Rayne keeper following some slick passing moves but he could do nothing to prevent the opening goal with Ollie Bell heading home Alex Bird’s pinpoint cross.
Dunmow extended their lead before half-time - the ball broke to Bird 20 yards out and he rifled an unstoppable shot into the top corner.
In the second half Rayne came back strongly and pulled a goal back with a well placed shot into the corner.
Some great defending by Lewis Curran and Sam Carter and some smart saves by Michael Woodward kept Dunmow in front before a long range thunderbolt from Matthew Wallace sealed the 3-1 victory in the closing stages.
You may also want to watch:
It was a well earned victory and a great performance by the whole team.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 4 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 5 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 6 In this week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on Thursday August 5
- 7 Burglars break into Co-op store
- 8 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 9 New intake of junior doctors at Broomfield Hospital
- 10 In pictures: Record numbers enter Stansted in Bloom