Football: Dunmow Rhodes into cup final
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes booked a place in the Braintree & North Essex Sunday League’s Malcolm Foy Memorial Trophy final with a 2-1 win at Great Bardfield.
Returning to action after a four-week break due to the bad weather, Rhodes saw the hosts awarded a penalty after six minutes.
But Adam Daniels saw his spot-kick hit a post, although he made amends later in the first half to put his side ahead.
Rhodes were soon back on level terms as JP Alexander’s fine shot beat Daniel Mayne, setting up an intense second half.
Sam Duberry and Jake Sutton caused problems for Bardsfield after the restart and Rhodes took the lead with a good finish from man of the match Sutton.
You may also want to watch:
Great Bardfield poured forward late on, with Fred Robinson twice going close, but goalkeeper Josh Breeze held firm.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 4 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 5 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 6 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 7 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Festival poised for Holst's 150th birthday celebrations in 2024
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches