Football: Dunmow Rhodes into cup final
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes booked a place in the Braintree & North Essex Sunday League’s Malcolm Foy Memorial Trophy final with a 2-1 win at Great Bardfield.
Returning to action after a four-week break due to the bad weather, Rhodes saw the hosts awarded a penalty after six minutes.
But Adam Daniels saw his spot-kick hit a post, although he made amends later in the first half to put his side ahead.
Rhodes were soon back on level terms as JP Alexander’s fine shot beat Daniel Mayne, setting up an intense second half.
Sam Duberry and Jake Sutton caused problems for Bardsfield after the restart and Rhodes took the lead with a good finish from man of the match Sutton.
You may also want to watch:
Great Bardfield poured forward late on, with Fred Robinson twice going close, but goalkeeper Josh Breeze held firm.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing