Football: Dunmow Rhodes into cup final
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes booked a place in the Braintree & North Essex Sunday League’s Malcolm Foy Memorial Trophy final with a 2-1 win at Great Bardfield.
Returning to action after a four-week break due to the bad weather, Rhodes saw the hosts awarded a penalty after six minutes.
But Adam Daniels saw his spot-kick hit a post, although he made amends later in the first half to put his side ahead.
Rhodes were soon back on level terms as JP Alexander’s fine shot beat Daniel Mayne, setting up an intense second half.
Sam Duberry and Jake Sutton caused problems for Bardsfield after the restart and Rhodes took the lead with a good finish from man of the match Sutton.
You may also want to watch:
Great Bardfield poured forward late on, with Fred Robinson twice going close, but goalkeeper Josh Breeze held firm.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary