Football: Dunmow Rhodes draw positives from comeback
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes battled to a 3-3 draw with Division One side Sporting 77 in their Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Invitation Trophy clash.
Sporting controlled most of the first half and the Rhodes defence were kept busy as keeper Luke Johnson made some good saves.
Rhodes took the lead against the run of play as Ben Fisher found player manager George Alexander to fire into the top corner.
Sporting levelled with a Jordan Phillips header and hit the post and crossbar, before Phillips struck again.
Phillips turned provider for Sporting’s third goal as his cross found Charlie Luxton to head home and make it 3-1 at half time.
You may also want to watch:
Rhodes were stronger in the second half and Adam Griggs fired in a brilliant free kick to cut the gap.
More pressure led to an own goal to ensure honours finished even and Rhodes will face Great Bradfords in the Malcolm Foy Memorial Trophy final at Braintree Town on Sunday May 6 (2.30pm).
- 1 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 2 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 6 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 7 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 8 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 9 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 10 Rain thwarts Aythorpe Roding's title charge but High Roding at the double again