Football: Dunmow Rhodes are just champion
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes were crowned Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Division Two champions after beating Great Bradfords Reserves by a 5-0 margin.
They took the lead when Kennie Irving set up captain Christian Roles to fire home and it was 2-0 midway through the first half thanks to an excellent strike from Jake Sutton.
A third goal arrived before half time when Sutton’s cross was met by Ben Fisher, who fired into the net.
And Rhodes continued to dominate in the second half, with Irving and Sutton going close to adding to the tally before set-piece specialist Adam Griggs headed the fourth.
Lewis Roe impressed for Rhodes, who were passing the ball around well, and Fisher completed their nap hand with his second goal after excellent play by Irving.
You may also want to watch:
Roe was named man of the match for Rhodes, who can now plan for their move up to Division One.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 6 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal