Flitch Crono finish unbeaten
DUNMOW’S Flitch Crono cycling team finished the season unbeaten following a tightly contested victory at the final event of the year.
Peddle pros Richard O’Rourke, Murat Ozdenya and Andy Page went into the Eastern Counties Cycling Association 3UP race knowing that one more win would give them a perfect 100 per cent record for 2010.
In breezy conditions they held off a sustained challenge from Chelmer CC to win the race held around the quiet country roads surrounding Tiptree and Heybridge.
During the Sunday cycle, Flitch were facing tough competition as there were several quality teams in the event, including Chelmer CC and Essex Roads CC, who both fielded strong line-ups.
It was a close race, with three miles to go Flitch were 15 seconds up with Chelmer and Essex Roads in close pursuit and equal on time.
You may also want to watch:
Flitch only just maintained their winning record as a big push from the Chelmer trio in the last three miles pulled them 25seconds clear of Essex Roads and within eight seconds of the leaders.
Flitch held off the challenge though and ended up winning by just a few seconds. The final finishing times were Flitch 54.48, Chelmer 54.56 and Essex Roads 55.21.
- 1 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 2 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 3 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 4 Stansted author to release second novel
- 5 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 6 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 7 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand