Flitch Crono finish unbeaten
DUNMOW’S Flitch Crono cycling team finished the season unbeaten following a tightly contested victory at the final event of the year.
Peddle pros Richard O’Rourke, Murat Ozdenya and Andy Page went into the Eastern Counties Cycling Association 3UP race knowing that one more win would give them a perfect 100 per cent record for 2010.
In breezy conditions they held off a sustained challenge from Chelmer CC to win the race held around the quiet country roads surrounding Tiptree and Heybridge.
During the Sunday cycle, Flitch were facing tough competition as there were several quality teams in the event, including Chelmer CC and Essex Roads CC, who both fielded strong line-ups.
It was a close race, with three miles to go Flitch were 15 seconds up with Chelmer and Essex Roads in close pursuit and equal on time.
You may also want to watch:
Flitch only just maintained their winning record as a big push from the Chelmer trio in the last three miles pulled them 25seconds clear of Essex Roads and within eight seconds of the leaders.
Flitch held off the challenge though and ended up winning by just a few seconds. The final finishing times were Flitch 54.48, Chelmer 54.56 and Essex Roads 55.21.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 5 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022