Five-star Takeley return to summit
Takeley 5 Epping 0 Takeley moved back to the top of the Essex Olympian League Premier Division with a convincing victory over Epping on Saturday. Takeley took command from the outset, but it took them 36 minutes until they broke the deadlock. James May c
Takeley 5 Epping 0
Takeley moved back to the top of the Essex Olympian League Premier Division with a convincing victory over Epping on Saturday.
Takeley took command from the outset, but it took them 36 minutes until they broke the deadlock.
James May cleared deep into the Epping half and Dan Wardle flicked the ball onto Mark Aken who scored with a header over the advancing visitors' defence.
Takeley doubled their lead two minutes later when Dean McAteer blasted a free-kick into the top corner of the net and the hosts went in at half-time with a two goal advantage.
Charlie Pollard powered a Wardle corner past the keeper in the 66th minute and three minutes later, Wardle headed home a cross from McAteer to further extend his side's lead.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 10 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
Jonathan Tann and James Whitbread replaced James Amott and Mark Aken, with Leon Rolle replaced by Keren Okan. Gavin Dangerfield came in for Dean McAteer.
The introduction of substitute James Whitbread was a smart move by the hosts as his pace saw him power a header into the net from Wardle's cross.
Gavin Dangerfield came close to adding to Takeley's tally, but his strike cannoned off the cross bar.
Takeley have no game on Saturday.
Metpol Chigwell NE Reserves 0 Takeley Reserves 7
Takeley Reserves were in seventh heaven on Saturday with a convincing victory away at Metpol Chigwell NE in the Reserve Division Two.
Every goal, like the first eleven was scored by different players with John Ivory, Billy Collins, Ben Simpson, John Watters, Paul Goodger, Stuart Nock and Ben Doyle all finding the back of the net.
Takeley Reserves host Ramsden Reserves on Saturday, 2.30pm kick-off.