Five-star Dunmow Rhodes down Harriers
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes produced another excellent team display to beat Heybridge Harriers 5-1 in Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Division One.
The visitors took the lead as Daniel Parish beat Luke Johnson.
But Rhodes soon drew level as Kennie Irving fired a great shot into the top corner, giving Matthew Payne no chance.
Emilio Caceres Sola added the second in fine style and then hit the crossbar after the restart.
Sola set up player-manager George Alexander to fire home and make it 3-1, with a long ball from Josh Breeze finding Harrie Irving in space to step past Payne and tuck home the fourth.
You may also want to watch:
Man of the match George Paola shone throughout, while Sam Hockley twice went close to scoring.
And Rhodes completed their nap hand late on when Kennie Irving fired home fror the spot for his second.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
Rhodes visit Witham Town on Sunday (10.30am).