Five-star Dunmow Rhodes down Harriers
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes produced another excellent team display to beat Heybridge Harriers 5-1 in Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Division One.
The visitors took the lead as Daniel Parish beat Luke Johnson.
But Rhodes soon drew level as Kennie Irving fired a great shot into the top corner, giving Matthew Payne no chance.
Emilio Caceres Sola added the second in fine style and then hit the crossbar after the restart.
Sola set up player-manager George Alexander to fire home and make it 3-1, with a long ball from Josh Breeze finding Harrie Irving in space to step past Payne and tuck home the fourth.
You may also want to watch:
Man of the match George Paola shone throughout, while Sam Hockley twice went close to scoring.
And Rhodes completed their nap hand late on when Kennie Irving fired home fror the spot for his second.
- 1 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 4 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Tens of thousands of pounds worth of horse riding gear stolen in High Easter
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 'This is my life version 2.0' - Doctor marks Covid anniversary with fundraising efforts
- 9 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford
Rhodes visit Witham Town on Sunday (10.30am).