Five county hockey titles for Felsted School
- Credit: Archant
A fifth hockey team from Felsted School has been crowned Essex champions.
After the county success of the U11, U13, U14 and U16 Felsted girls’ teams, the U16 boys’ hockey team demonstrated the continued strength of hockey at Felsted by becoming Essex champions.
Winning all five matches the team scored 34 goals and conceded none on their way to the title.
The team beat Bancroft’s (5-0), Coopers’ Coburn (7-0) and Chigwell (4-0). Further wins against Alec Hunter (11-0) and Forest (7-0) confirmed the boys as champions.
The team will go on to the East region section of the competition where they will play in Ipswich on February 3.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Nick Lockhart said: “The whole squad played some very good hockey and they deserved their success. We rotated our two keepers throughout the day and we were rewarded with a clean sheet.”
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease