First GP2 race win for Alex Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow’s Alex Lynn claimed a first GP2 Series feature race win of his career on Saturday at the Hungaroring, Hungary.
From pole position in race one, the Essex ace led for most of the race with his DAMS teammate Pierre Gasly second.
Lynn, in his first GP2 season after winning the GP3 championship last year, said: “I have to admit, I think I underestimated how good it would feel to win a GP2 Series feature race.
“OK, I won the reversed-grid sprint race at Barcelona earlier in the year, but my Hungaroring win from my first GP2 pole position on Saturday felt like another string to my bow, another thing to notch up.”
Lynn sits fifth in the standings with 85 points with leader Stoffel Vandoorne on 194 and Rio Haryanto second with 109 points.
You may also want to watch:
“The win has now put me well in the hunt for second in the championship,” added Lynn.
“Of course, I’ll try to win the championship as long as its mathematically possible, but Stoffel [Vandoorne] is comfortably ahead and second is still a good target in my rookie GP2 season.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
“I’ve just got to keep on building on the foundations we’ve got now.”
In race two on Sunday Lynn took ninth place.