First GP2 race win for Alex Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow’s Alex Lynn claimed a first GP2 Series feature race win of his career on Saturday at the Hungaroring, Hungary.
From pole position in race one, the Essex ace led for most of the race with his DAMS teammate Pierre Gasly second.
Lynn, in his first GP2 season after winning the GP3 championship last year, said: “I have to admit, I think I underestimated how good it would feel to win a GP2 Series feature race.
“OK, I won the reversed-grid sprint race at Barcelona earlier in the year, but my Hungaroring win from my first GP2 pole position on Saturday felt like another string to my bow, another thing to notch up.”
Lynn sits fifth in the standings with 85 points with leader Stoffel Vandoorne on 194 and Rio Haryanto second with 109 points.
You may also want to watch:
“The win has now put me well in the hunt for second in the championship,” added Lynn.
“Of course, I’ll try to win the championship as long as its mathematically possible, but Stoffel [Vandoorne] is comfortably ahead and second is still a good target in my rookie GP2 season.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 4 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 9 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 10 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
“I’ve just got to keep on building on the foundations we’ve got now.”
In race two on Sunday Lynn took ninth place.