First friendly loss for Aythorpe Roding
- Credit: Getty Images/BananaStock RF
Aythorpe Roding Cricket Club opened up their pre-season with a friendly loss to Thurrock and it was a good workout for both teams at the Round Bush Green ground.
Aythorpe skipper Richard Eaton won the toss and decided to bat first.
Paul Gravatt and Sam Blackman hit 42 runs for the first wicket, Gravatt scoring nine and Blackman 21.
Steve Chambers scored 25 and then was run out.
Graham Milbank hit 11 fours in his total of 50 and Richard Eaton was 26 not out batting at number eight.
You may also want to watch:
Aythorpe Roding ended on 189-9 in 40 overs.
George claimed 3-27 in eight overs, Riba 2-32 in six overs and there was one wicket each for Mills and Mohamed.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 4 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 5 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 6 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 7 Felsted announces STEM competition winners
- 8 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 9 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 10 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
Thurrock made a good start with B Quersim and U Sultan putting on 80 runs for the first wicket.
Quersim hit 37, Sultan scored 122 not out with eight sixes and eight fours, while U Ayab made 13.
Thurrock hit 193-2 in 27.5 overs winning the match by eight wickets.
For Aythorpe Roding Graham Milbank took 1-43 in seven overs and Sam Gravatt claimed 1-34 in 2.5 overs.
Roding play Basildon & Pitsea in a home friendly on Saturday with a 1pm start.