First ever match played by Dunmow Rhodes Girls U8s
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes Girls U8s played their first ever football match on Saturday.
Although not established as a team yet any girls currently training with the club were invited to go along for the game.
A total of 13 girls turned up to play for Dunmow, and many of them were sporting the team’s new pink training kit.
The friendly game was against Woodham Radars at South Woodham Ferrers.
The encounter was played in cold, sleeting and muddy conditions and although Dunmow lost their first game 3-0, the girls didn’t care as they all had a fantastic time.
You may also want to watch:
Their next fixture is on Saturday away at Writtle.
The club now has over 30 girls training on a weekly basis from five-13 years-of-age.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 7 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
If any girls out there would like to go and join in contact Sarah on 07793 325930.
She runs free sessions every Saturday 9-10am and Wednesday 6-7pm on the astro pitch at Helena Romanes School.
Everyone is welcome whether you’ve played before or never kicked a ball and just want to give it a try.