Fine start to county event for swimming club
- Credit: Archant
There was a spectacular start to the 2017 Essex County Championships for Dunmow Atlantis Swimming Club.
Following the opening weekend of action, with two more to come, the club sit ninth overall with 139 points - 50 more than at this stage last year.
A successful season last year ensured Dunmow have an unprecedented 56 competitors in this year’s event, with each having to meet stringent qualifying times in their age group.
Taking part in Block A were: Chloe Moloney, Sophie Taylor, Louis Walker, Aidan Clarkson, Matt McLaughlin, John Boyle, Kyle Panton, Rebecca Johnson, Daisy Hughes, Daisy Herrington, Harrison Cox, Toby Rayner, Jack Richardson, Damon Elliot, Morgan Harrod, Rebecca Moloney, Rebecca Watt, Georgia Harrod, Meghan Maybanks, Sam Dack, Dylan Nutt, Louis Spong, Josh Smith, Jamie McLaughlin, Eliza Westcott, Ella Nutt, Jess Jagathesan, Eva Marling, Lucy le Huquet, Amelia Barton, Elisabeth Dinning, Jake Latham, Harry Wheeler, Maddie Lees, Abbie Hart, Jamie Spong, Poppy Gray, Freya Jackaman, Maddie Myers, Rebecca Dack and Sarah Edwards.
There were a total of 46 new Long Course PB’s, nine new and four improved East Region times, plus 31 final placings seeing six of the club’s swimmers, Smith, Boyle, Richardson, Clarkson, Maybanks and Taylor, in the top eight of their age groups.
You may also want to watch:
Flying the flag in the girls’ youth freestyle relay were Maybanks, C Moloney, G Harrod and Watt who took silver, while the boys’ medley team of Smith, Panton, J McLaughlin and Boyle, missed out on a medal.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 4 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 5 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 6 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 7 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 10 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests