Fine show from West Essex Judo Club trio in Harlow
- Credit: Archant
Three players from the West Essex Judo Club in Stebbing ventured to the Harlow Judo Club Tournament and had some fantastic results.
The inexperienced trio primarily went to test their skills and gain experience in the competitive arena but came away with a great haul of silverware.
First up was Dan Jordan in the Yellow belt under 36kg category which featured a deeply competitive field.
Jordan courageously faced each competitor throughout the competition and came close to claiming a victory, but was beaten by the clock.
Once the points were tallied up he was awarded the third place trophy.
You may also want to watch:
On the mat next was Stanley Allen in the yellow belt under 42kg category.
The field was small, but Allen was to face two other players on his route through the competition.
- 1 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary
In his first fight he went on the attack, but was caught off balance and was beaten by Ippon.
In his second fight, he went on the attack again and kept his opponent under pressure throughout the three minutes to win by Tani Otoshi and claim second place in his division.
The youngest of the three was eight-year-old Zack Kiberd who was competing in his first tournament.
The competition was tough and the youngster took to the mat against fellow competitors who were considerably bigger and more experienced.
He fought valiantly throughout his four fights and claimed fifth place in the red belt under 42kg category.
The club meet at the Village Hall in Stebbing on Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings for training and coaching with ex-junior world finalist Thomas Cousins and 2014 Commonwealth bronze medallist Faith Pitman.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about how to get involved with the club.