Felsted's Jess Olorenshaw and Guy Morley-Jacob get call-up for England hockey
- Credit: FELSTED SCHOOL
Two pupils at Felsted School have been handed call-ups to the England U16 hockey squad.
Jess Olorenshaw, aged 16 from Felsted, and 15-year-old Guy Morley-Jacob from Great Waltham will be with their country for the 2021 season.
For Olorenshaw this is her second year with the team while Morley-Jacob will make his first appearance.
For both though it means a place in the top 25 players nationally for their age group.
Their selection comes after a number of trial stages which have taken place across the country.
Both players will now attend training camps ready for their upcoming season with games against Scotland and Wales already lined up.
Felsted’s director of hockey and Welsh international Jo Westwood said: "To play for your country is a huge achievement and many have this in their objectives as an athlete.
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 6 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 7 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 10 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
"Jess and Guy work very hard behind the scenes and they are both a pleasure to work with on a weekly basis. We as a school are very proud of them and will continue to support them.”