Felsted's Jess Olorenshaw and Guy Morley-Jacob get call-up for England hockey
- Credit: FELSTED SCHOOL
Two pupils at Felsted School have been handed call-ups to the England U16 hockey squad.
Jess Olorenshaw, aged 16 from Felsted, and 15-year-old Guy Morley-Jacob from Great Waltham will be with their country for the 2021 season.
For Olorenshaw this is her second year with the team while Morley-Jacob will make his first appearance.
For both though it means a place in the top 25 players nationally for their age group.
Their selection comes after a number of trial stages which have taken place across the country.
Both players will now attend training camps ready for their upcoming season with games against Scotland and Wales already lined up.
Felsted’s director of hockey and Welsh international Jo Westwood said: "To play for your country is a huge achievement and many have this in their objectives as an athlete.
- 1 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 4 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 5 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
- 6 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 7 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
"Jess and Guy work very hard behind the scenes and they are both a pleasure to work with on a weekly basis. We as a school are very proud of them and will continue to support them.”