Felsted School cricketers all tied-up twice in the same day and at same venue
- Credit: FELSTED SCHOOL
What's that old adage about buses?
Felsted School's cricket teams may be able to tell you after recording an incredible feat twice in the same day and at the same venue.
Both the boys and girls teams were playing T20 games at the Braintree Road school and both ended tied with their opponents, Brentwood for the boys, Free Foresters for the girls.
In the boys’ game both teams scored 149 off 20 overs while the girls' managed 128 each.
Director of cricket at Felsted, Jason Gallian, said: "Not only was it great to see boys and cricket fixtures back at school but to have two really exciting games on one day that ended in two draws within yards of each other was exceptional.”
Gallian, who played for England as well as Essex and Nottinghamshire, oversees cricket at the school alongside Carla Rudd, a current super league player.
The school offers both boys and girls a well established cricket programme that develops as they progress through the school.
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 3 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 4 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 5 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 6 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 7 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 8 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 9 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 10 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe
The girls were national champions in 2019 while former pupils who went on to make their mark in the game include Derek Pringle, John Stephenson and Nick Knight.