Felsted’s Malins helps England U18s defeat Scotland
- Credit: Archant
Max Malins started for England U18s as they put in an impressive display against Scotland, running out 39-27 winners at Newcastle Falcons’ Kingston Park.
Both sides played with real intent, scoring 10 tries between them, but the Felsted School student’s England side had the edge, scoring six, and deserved the victory.
England forwards coach Pete Walton said: “We’re delighted to get the win, and to score some excellent tries.
“We knew it would be a quick game and that both sides would give it a go, so to put in a performance like that was really pleasing.
“The exciting thing is that there’s loads more to come from these guys.
You may also want to watch:
“They’ve not had too many training sessions together but there’s a real unity and team spirit and it’s great to see.”
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan