Felsted’s Malins helps England U18s defeat Scotland
- Credit: Archant
Max Malins started for England U18s as they put in an impressive display against Scotland, running out 39-27 winners at Newcastle Falcons’ Kingston Park.
Both sides played with real intent, scoring 10 tries between them, but the Felsted School student’s England side had the edge, scoring six, and deserved the victory.
England forwards coach Pete Walton said: “We’re delighted to get the win, and to score some excellent tries.
“We knew it would be a quick game and that both sides would give it a go, so to put in a performance like that was really pleasing.
“The exciting thing is that there’s loads more to come from these guys.
You may also want to watch:
“They’ve not had too many training sessions together but there’s a real unity and team spirit and it’s great to see.”
- 1 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 4 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 5 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 6 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 7 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 8 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Dragons' Den style competition highlights innovative ideas