Felsted recognised for its girls’ cricket
- Credit: Archant
Felsted School has been recognised as an Inspirational School for Girls’ Cricket by Essex County Cricket Club.
As the fastest growing girls’ sport, Felsted has training sessions in place across all age groups from Year 5 upwards and a dedicated cricket pathway is in place for all girls to take advantage of.
This recognition by Essex Cricket follows an exciting year for girls’ cricket at Felsted, which included a match vs the MCC and an International call-up for Felsted’s U13 rising star Nancy Hebron.
Felsted’s director of cricket, Jason Gallian said: “I am very excited that Essex have selected us as a school to inspire girls cricket in the county.
“We have now forged strong links with women’s cricket, with age group county teams training at Felsted throughout the year and two senior county matches taking place on the famous Felsted Front this summer.
You may also want to watch:
“At Felsted we have already established a girls’ cricket programme and I am looking forward to it developing with this partnership.”
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down