Felsted cricketers finish third at Lord’s in national finals
- Credit: Archant
Felsted’s U15 girls’ cricket team achieved a magnificent third place at the National Final of the Lady Taverners Indoor Cricket Cup, held at the prestigious Lord’s Cricket Ground.
The girls put on a strong performance throughout the day.
They won their first three games and only narrowly conceded their fourth.
With three teams tied on points, the final result was down to run rate which placed Felsted third out of an initial 900 teams.
Between playing their four games, the girls received a tour of Lord’s and were delighted to meet current England cricket captain Alastair Cook.
You may also want to watch:
Felsted cricket coach and Women’s Superleague player, Carla Rudd, said: “It was a fantastic day.
“Every girl played a part in the day’s success and they conducted themselves in a professional manner.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 6 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
“Coming third in the country is a brilliant achievement and I am very proud of the girls.”
Girls’ cricket became a major sport at Felsted in 2014, and the school now fields two sides at senior level.
Felsted is currently nominated as an Inspirational School for girls’ cricket by Essex CCC.
It also became a MCCF (Marylebone Cricket Club Foundation) hub for girls’ cricket in November 2015.