Felsted 10K hits road
MORE than 420 runners took part in the annual Felsted 10K on Sunday. Organised by Grange Farm and Dunmow runners, the event is one of the three championship races, which includes the Tilty Hilly 5 and the Stebbing 10-mile. In the men s category, Chrispia
MORE than 420 runners took part in the annual Felsted 10K on Sunday.
Organised by Grange Farm and Dunmow runners, the event is one of the three championship races, which includes the Tilty Hilly 5 and the Stebbing 10-mile.
In the men's category, Chrispian Bloomfield (from Billericay FC), who is currently winning every race he enters, came first with an impressive time of 31min 49sec.
Second was Malcolm Muir from Ilford AC, who finished the course in 32min 32sec. He was shortly followed by Paul Molyneux (33min 25sec) from Springfield runners.
You may also want to watch:
The first vet 40+ was Eric Paul (35min 10sec), first vet 50+ was Keith Wilkinson in 36min 44sec and first vet 60+ was George Barron 42min 43sec of Bishop's Stortford.
Also receiving trophies were the Springfield male team who came first with Molyneux, Paul Dobson and Phil Smith. The second male team was Billericay and third was Grange Farm and Dunmow with Tamlyn Will, getting back on form after a long injury, Frederic David and Steve Read.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 9 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 10 Numbers seeking support double - can you help Uttlesford foodbank?
In the female category, Maxine Oxlade had a storming race and a personal best arriving first in 37min 37sec. Maxine had already won the Tilty Hilly race last July.
Martha Hall from Garden City runners was second in 38min 06sec, Grace Harvey from Woodford Green was third in 39min 25sec. Mandy Livingstone was the first vet 35 and Julia Palmer from Benfleet was the first vet 45 finishing in 41min 03sec. The first vet 55 was Sheila McLaunay of Springfield in 49min 37sec.
The first female team was Benfleet (Julia Palmer, Debbie Slack and Sharon Garrard). The second female team was Springfield Striders.
l THE British 10K race in London was completed by Sandra Smith (49min 25sec), Peggy (1hr 20min) and Nicky Smith Evans, Frank and Jan Siddle alongside 20,000 other runners. All the Grange Farm runners were raising money for the Macular Disease Society.