FA Vase test for Takeley
- Credit: Archant
Takeley travel to Wivenhoe Town on Saturday in the FA Vase first qualifying round.
The side will be hoping for a run in the competition after exiting the FA Cup already this season.
Town play at the same level of non league as Essex Senior League Takeley, they are 14th in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties League Premier Division after four matches of the season.
The winners of the tie will scoop £600 in prizemoney and will visit Southend Manor in the second qualifying round on Saturday, October 4.
Takeley did not have a game on Saturday, but in their last outing (Tuesday, August 26) they drew 1-1 with Tower Hamlets in the league.
Alex Martin headed Takeley into the lead in the 70th minute following a goalmouth scramble caused by Ollie Dent’s cross.
However, Takeley could not hold onto the lead and Hamlets earned a point when Kane Wilson netted from long range.
- 1 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 2 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 3 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 4 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
- 5 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 6 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 7 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 8 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 9 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
- 10 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
Duncan Easley’s side are back in league action on Saturday, September 13 when they are away to Greenhouse London.