FA Vase test for Takeley
- Credit: Archant
Takeley travel to Wivenhoe Town on Saturday in the FA Vase first qualifying round.
The side will be hoping for a run in the competition after exiting the FA Cup already this season.
Town play at the same level of non league as Essex Senior League Takeley, they are 14th in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties League Premier Division after four matches of the season.
The winners of the tie will scoop £600 in prizemoney and will visit Southend Manor in the second qualifying round on Saturday, October 4.
Takeley did not have a game on Saturday, but in their last outing (Tuesday, August 26) they drew 1-1 with Tower Hamlets in the league.
You may also want to watch:
Alex Martin headed Takeley into the lead in the 70th minute following a goalmouth scramble caused by Ollie Dent’s cross.
However, Takeley could not hold onto the lead and Hamlets earned a point when Kane Wilson netted from long range.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
Duncan Easley’s side are back in league action on Saturday, September 13 when they are away to Greenhouse London.