FA Cup: In-form Takeley up for Cheshunt test
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Takeley make the trip to Cheshunt for an FA Cup first qualifying round tie on Saturday.
And the Essex Senior League side will travel in high spirits after beating Burnham Ramblers 4-0 last weekend for their fifth straight win.
The visitors began well on a hard pitch and took the lead after five minutes as Will Green raced away to finish low past the keeper.
Takeley spurned three good chances to add to their tally before the break, but a constructive half-time talk from Andy Walker and Kevin Riley had the desired effect.
Stuart Zanone had an early shot saved after the restart before Reece Barrett fed George Wappett for the second goal on 54 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Takeley turned to their bench after that and all three substitutes made an impact with Zanone firing home from the spot on 77 minutes.
A fourth goal arrived six minutes later as Bryn Thorpe sent Mitchell Das into the box and, when Zanone appeared to be fouled, Das drove home.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge