FA Cup: In-form Takeley up for Cheshunt test
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Takeley make the trip to Cheshunt for an FA Cup first qualifying round tie on Saturday.
And the Essex Senior League side will travel in high spirits after beating Burnham Ramblers 4-0 last weekend for their fifth straight win.
The visitors began well on a hard pitch and took the lead after five minutes as Will Green raced away to finish low past the keeper.
Takeley spurned three good chances to add to their tally before the break, but a constructive half-time talk from Andy Walker and Kevin Riley had the desired effect.
Stuart Zanone had an early shot saved after the restart before Reece Barrett fed George Wappett for the second goal on 54 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Takeley turned to their bench after that and all three substitutes made an impact with Zanone firing home from the spot on 77 minutes.
A fourth goal arrived six minutes later as Bryn Thorpe sent Mitchell Das into the box and, when Zanone appeared to be fouled, Das drove home.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear