FA Cup: In-form Takeley up for Cheshunt test
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Takeley make the trip to Cheshunt for an FA Cup first qualifying round tie on Saturday.
And the Essex Senior League side will travel in high spirits after beating Burnham Ramblers 4-0 last weekend for their fifth straight win.
The visitors began well on a hard pitch and took the lead after five minutes as Will Green raced away to finish low past the keeper.
Takeley spurned three good chances to add to their tally before the break, but a constructive half-time talk from Andy Walker and Kevin Riley had the desired effect.
Stuart Zanone had an early shot saved after the restart before Reece Barrett fed George Wappett for the second goal on 54 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Takeley turned to their bench after that and all three substitutes made an impact with Zanone firing home from the spot on 77 minutes.
A fourth goal arrived six minutes later as Bryn Thorpe sent Mitchell Das into the box and, when Zanone appeared to be fouled, Das drove home.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 6 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 7 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 8 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust