FA Cup: In-form Takeley up for Cheshunt test
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Takeley make the trip to Cheshunt for an FA Cup first qualifying round tie on Saturday.
And the Essex Senior League side will travel in high spirits after beating Burnham Ramblers 4-0 last weekend for their fifth straight win.
The visitors began well on a hard pitch and took the lead after five minutes as Will Green raced away to finish low past the keeper.
Takeley spurned three good chances to add to their tally before the break, but a constructive half-time talk from Andy Walker and Kevin Riley had the desired effect.
Stuart Zanone had an early shot saved after the restart before Reece Barrett fed George Wappett for the second goal on 54 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Takeley turned to their bench after that and all three substitutes made an impact with Zanone firing home from the spot on 77 minutes.
A fourth goal arrived six minutes later as Bryn Thorpe sent Mitchell Das into the box and, when Zanone appeared to be fouled, Das drove home.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 4 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 5 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 6 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 7 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 10 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity