FA Cup exit for Takeley away to Stansted
- Credit: Archant
Takeley boss Duncan Easley was left disappointed in his side as they bowed out of the FA Cup with an extra-preliminary round 2-1 defeat to near neighbours Stansted on Saturday.
The game, played at Bishop’s Stortford’s Woodside Park ground, saw Stansted 2-0 up at the break with a brace from Ollie Fortune.
Takeley could only register a consolation through Jack Friend late in the second half as hopes of a possible cup run fizzled out.
Easley told the Dunmow Broadcast: “The cup game was disappointing, we didn’t play that well and gifted them two goals which gave us too much to do.
“I thought we’d have a good chance, but we just didn’t perform.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a lot of possession in the second half, but didn’t create too much.
“We are lacking a cutting edge at the moment.
- 1 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 2 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 6 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 7 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 8 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
“There’s no real complaint about the result.”
On Saturday, Takeley return to Essex Senior League action as they head to the Southchurch Arena to face Southend Manor.