FA Cup exit for Takeley away to Stansted
- Credit: Archant
Takeley boss Duncan Easley was left disappointed in his side as they bowed out of the FA Cup with an extra-preliminary round 2-1 defeat to near neighbours Stansted on Saturday.
The game, played at Bishop’s Stortford’s Woodside Park ground, saw Stansted 2-0 up at the break with a brace from Ollie Fortune.
Takeley could only register a consolation through Jack Friend late in the second half as hopes of a possible cup run fizzled out.
Easley told the Dunmow Broadcast: “The cup game was disappointing, we didn’t play that well and gifted them two goals which gave us too much to do.
“I thought we’d have a good chance, but we just didn’t perform.
“We had a lot of possession in the second half, but didn’t create too much.
“We are lacking a cutting edge at the moment.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 3 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 6 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 10 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
“There’s no real complaint about the result.”
On Saturday, Takeley return to Essex Senior League action as they head to the Southchurch Arena to face Southend Manor.