Entertaining draw finishes off home games for Dunmow Rhodes
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes Lions U17s completed their home matches for the season with a 0-0 draw against Coggeshall Town Reds.
Coggeshall Town have finished runners-up in the league, while Dunmow Rhodes, with still one game to play, will finish in fourth spot.
This game was non-stop end-to-end entertaining football.
Skipper Christian Roles tested the Coggeshall Town keeper early in the game with a long range shot with the keeper pulling off an excellent save.
Dunmow Rhodes keeper Luke Johnson was also having a good game saving well from the busy Coggeshall Town forwards.
Lewis Roe was also playing well in midfield for Dunmow Rhodes, but at half-time the score was 0-0.
The second half continued in a similar vein with both teams trying to find that winning goal.
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 5 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 6 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 7 Emergency bananas rescue man's 875-mile solo cycle challenge
- 8 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
Rhodes’ back four of JP Alexander, Reece Cottrell, Ted Pearson and Austin Hodge had another excellent game, but the game ended 0-0 in an evenly contested game.