England hockey women reach second-ever semi final
DUNMOW hockey star Chloe Rogers will be hoping for success as she takes to pitch today (Thursday) for England’s second ever World Cup semi-final.
The England hockey women have reached the penultimate round of the BDO FIH World Cup in Rosario, Argentina, and will be taking on a tough Netherlands side.
Despite a 2-0 defeat against the host nation in the last pool match on Monday, Rogers had already helped her team secure a birth in the final stages with a 2-1 win over South Africa on Saturday.
England had already won vital games against Spain and China before playing out a bruising draw with South Korea last Friday.
20 years ago in Sydney, Australia, England reached their only previous World Cup semi final against the Netherlands.
You may also want to watch:
After going down to the Dutch, they ultimately finished fourth, narrowly beaten to the bronze medal by Korea who won the third place playoff 3-2.
Rogers who came on as a substitute in Monday’s match and has played a part in all of the pool matches will be hoping that the current crop can go one better and get a place in the final to play either Argentina or Germany.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
Rogers, a former Helena Romanes School pupil, plays her club Hockey in Leicester.