England hockey women reach second-ever semi final
DUNMOW hockey star Chloe Rogers will be hoping for success as she takes to pitch today (Thursday) for England’s second ever World Cup semi-final.
The England hockey women have reached the penultimate round of the BDO FIH World Cup in Rosario, Argentina, and will be taking on a tough Netherlands side.
Despite a 2-0 defeat against the host nation in the last pool match on Monday, Rogers had already helped her team secure a birth in the final stages with a 2-1 win over South Africa on Saturday.
England had already won vital games against Spain and China before playing out a bruising draw with South Korea last Friday.
20 years ago in Sydney, Australia, England reached their only previous World Cup semi final against the Netherlands.
You may also want to watch:
After going down to the Dutch, they ultimately finished fourth, narrowly beaten to the bronze medal by Korea who won the third place playoff 3-2.
Rogers who came on as a substitute in Monday’s match and has played a part in all of the pool matches will be hoping that the current crop can go one better and get a place in the final to play either Argentina or Germany.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 10 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
Rogers, a former Helena Romanes School pupil, plays her club Hockey in Leicester.