England hockey squad: Chloe Rogers makes the cut
DUNMOW hockey star Chloe Rogers has been selected in the England women’s squad for the FIH World Cup in Rosario, Argentina at the end of August.
Manager Danny Kerry elected not to make any changes to the squad that finished an excellent third at the Champions Trophy in Nottingham last month.
Chloe, 25, said: “You can never take your place for granted so I still get nervous. It was a big selection as there is a lot riding on it and it’s one of the biggest competitions you can play in.
“I’m really pleased to be involved and want to ensure I’m still involved going into the Commonwealth Games.”
England, ranked sixth in the world, have been drawn in Pool B of the World Cup where they will fight it out with Argentina, China, Spain, Korea and South Africa.
You may also want to watch:
The Netherlands, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and India make up Pool A.
England kick-off their campaign on Sunday August 29 with a game against Spain.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
“On the back of the Championship Trophy performance we have got to be aiming for a semi final spot and then take it from there,” said the former Helena Romanes School pupil.
“If we are going to be competitive at the London Olympics in 2012 we need to be reaching the last four of these big tournaments.”