England hockey squad: Chloe Rogers makes the cut
DUNMOW hockey star Chloe Rogers has been selected in the England women’s squad for the FIH World Cup in Rosario, Argentina at the end of August.
Manager Danny Kerry elected not to make any changes to the squad that finished an excellent third at the Champions Trophy in Nottingham last month.
Chloe, 25, said: “You can never take your place for granted so I still get nervous. It was a big selection as there is a lot riding on it and it’s one of the biggest competitions you can play in.
“I’m really pleased to be involved and want to ensure I’m still involved going into the Commonwealth Games.”
England, ranked sixth in the world, have been drawn in Pool B of the World Cup where they will fight it out with Argentina, China, Spain, Korea and South Africa.
The Netherlands, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and India make up Pool A.
England kick-off their campaign on Sunday August 29 with a game against Spain.
- 1 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 6 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 7 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 10 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
“On the back of the Championship Trophy performance we have got to be aiming for a semi final spot and then take it from there,” said the former Helena Romanes School pupil.
“If we are going to be competitive at the London Olympics in 2012 we need to be reaching the last four of these big tournaments.”