England cricket development place for Felsted School pupil
- Credit: Archant
Felsted School’s Nancy Hebron has been selected for the England Women’s Cricket U15 Development Programme.
The 14-year-old will train with a select group in the U15 Winter Training Squad.
This is a key pathway towards representing England at the senior level.
In the last six months three players have made the transition to the England Women’s performance Squad from the England Women’s Academy.
Jason Gallian, the school’s director of cricket and an ex-England and Essex cricketer, said: “We are delighted, though not surprised, that Nancy has been selected for the England U15 training squad.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been a pleasure to nurture and develop her talent at Felsted, thus far”
Hebron, a boarding student in Year 9 at Felsted, enjoyed a prolific county season last year scoring three consecutive hundreds for Essex U13 Girls.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
This is the first time that this has ever been achieved at any level in the history of Essex Women and girls’ cricket.