England cricket development place for Felsted School pupil
- Credit: Archant
Felsted School’s Nancy Hebron has been selected for the England Women’s Cricket U15 Development Programme.
The 14-year-old will train with a select group in the U15 Winter Training Squad.
This is a key pathway towards representing England at the senior level.
In the last six months three players have made the transition to the England Women’s performance Squad from the England Women’s Academy.
Jason Gallian, the school’s director of cricket and an ex-England and Essex cricketer, said: “We are delighted, though not surprised, that Nancy has been selected for the England U15 training squad.
“It has been a pleasure to nurture and develop her talent at Felsted, thus far”
Hebron, a boarding student in Year 9 at Felsted, enjoyed a prolific county season last year scoring three consecutive hundreds for Essex U13 Girls.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 3 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 4 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 5 10,000 signatures reached against Essex mega-prison proposal
- 6 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 7 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 8 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 9 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
- 10 Things to do in Essex this June
This is the first time that this has ever been achieved at any level in the history of Essex Women and girls’ cricket.