Karate: England call-up for Dunmow youngster
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Kyokushinkai Karate Club’s Chloe Slocombe has been selected to represent England at two international tournaments.
Forest Hall pupil Slocombe, 13, will fight in the first-ever Tri Nations under-18 team event at the British Open on Saturday at the K2 Leisure Centre in Crawley.
And she will be the only girl in the England team of six fighters, facing teams from Wales and the United States.
Slocombe has also been picked to compete in the Sutani Cup in Belgium on October 19, which will include fighters from all over Europe.
Dunmow Kyokushinkai Karate Club started a new beginner's course this week, with the first month of training being free.
You may also want to watch:
Training on Tuesdays is at the Dunmow Leisure Centre for juniors age six to 15 (6-7pm) and at the Dance Studio for seniors (8-9.30pm), while Thursday sessions take place at Foakes Hall from 6.30-7.30pm and 7.30pm-9.30pm.
Anyone interested can come along on either day, go to dunmowkarate.com or contact Shihan Andrew Turner on 07974 094925.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust