Emphatic victory for Dunmow Crests Academy over the White Horse Knights
- Credit: Archant
All four Dunmow Crests teams were action this week, despite the ongoing cold weather.
Crests Academy started the week with an emphatic win over White Horse Knights 56-18.
Crests played an excellent passing game, creating plenty of space to work the ball down the court.
Defensively Academy made it hard for Knights to create many chances, and with the Crests shooters on top form, they marched away with the victory.
Their player of the match went to Hollie Mackay.
You may also want to watch:
Crests Whites faced Braintree Town Saturn.
With Crests having won earlier in the season, and both teams very evenly matched, the re-match was always going to be close.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
There was some great centre court passing, defence was tight and the shooting was strong from both teams.
It went down to the wire, but Braintree took the win on this occasion, 23-24.
Player of the match went to Lauren Woosey.
There was another victory for Crests Blues this week, this time against T&M Baddow 44-14.
Blues had some fine passages of play, with excellent defence and working the ball into the shooters at the other end of the court.
Player of the match went to Nikki Munson.
Crests Yellows played Hardy’s in a well-tempered game.
After a close start, Hardy’s took the lead in the second quarter and maintained it for the remainder of the game, the final score 23-34. Player of the match went to Felicity Ford.