Easter trails aplenty for region’s runners
- Credit: Archant
Runners were spoiled for choice over the Easter weekend, with a selection of trail races over the four days.
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR) was well represented with 27 runners taking part, including five who participated on all four days.
On Good Friday there was a choice of distances, three, seven and 13 miles from Panfield. Howard Jardine ran the short route, while Jules and Stuart Adams were fastest over seven miles, followed by John Hardy, Lee Prowse and Katia Jardine.
Over 13 miles, Ian Lawson led home Pru and Chris Hayhow, Jo Bisset-Smith, Gavin Foster, Kath Birks and Jackie Adams.
On Sunday the event moved to South Woodham Ferrers for a 7.5 mile race. Chris Hayhow was fastest for GFDR, followed by Ian Lawson, Pru Hayhow, Lee Prowse and Gavin Foster.
Sunday’s race followed a seven mile route from Duton Hill.
For GFDR, Dan Reynolds and James Bosher finished together followed by Martin Jackson and Paul McKenna. Matt Webster was ahead of Chris Hayhow, Pru Hayhow, Ian Lawson, Claudine Davie, Lee Prowse, Kath Birks, Gavin Foster, Jackie Adams and Richard Percy.
- 1 RideLondon: The Uttlesford road closures list
- 2 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 3 'Ace line' drug dealer is jailed
- 4 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 5 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 6 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 7 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
On Monday there was a six mile race from Great Waltham. Ian Lawson was fastest for GFDR followed by Pru Hayhow, Lee Prowse, Kath Birks, Gavin Foster, Jackie Adams and Katia Jardine, while Chris Hayhow ran a shorter route.