Easter trails aplenty for region’s runners
- Credit: Archant
Runners were spoiled for choice over the Easter weekend, with a selection of trail races over the four days.
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR) was well represented with 27 runners taking part, including five who participated on all four days.
On Good Friday there was a choice of distances, three, seven and 13 miles from Panfield. Howard Jardine ran the short route, while Jules and Stuart Adams were fastest over seven miles, followed by John Hardy, Lee Prowse and Katia Jardine.
Over 13 miles, Ian Lawson led home Pru and Chris Hayhow, Jo Bisset-Smith, Gavin Foster, Kath Birks and Jackie Adams.
On Sunday the event moved to South Woodham Ferrers for a 7.5 mile race. Chris Hayhow was fastest for GFDR, followed by Ian Lawson, Pru Hayhow, Lee Prowse and Gavin Foster.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday’s race followed a seven mile route from Duton Hill.
For GFDR, Dan Reynolds and James Bosher finished together followed by Martin Jackson and Paul McKenna. Matt Webster was ahead of Chris Hayhow, Pru Hayhow, Ian Lawson, Claudine Davie, Lee Prowse, Kath Birks, Gavin Foster, Jackie Adams and Richard Percy.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 10 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
On Monday there was a six mile race from Great Waltham. Ian Lawson was fastest for GFDR followed by Pru Hayhow, Lee Prowse, Kath Birks, Gavin Foster, Jackie Adams and Katia Jardine, while Chris Hayhow ran a shorter route.