Easter trails aplenty for region’s runners
- Credit: Archant
Runners were spoiled for choice over the Easter weekend, with a selection of trail races over the four days.
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR) was well represented with 27 runners taking part, including five who participated on all four days.
On Good Friday there was a choice of distances, three, seven and 13 miles from Panfield. Howard Jardine ran the short route, while Jules and Stuart Adams were fastest over seven miles, followed by John Hardy, Lee Prowse and Katia Jardine.
Over 13 miles, Ian Lawson led home Pru and Chris Hayhow, Jo Bisset-Smith, Gavin Foster, Kath Birks and Jackie Adams.
On Sunday the event moved to South Woodham Ferrers for a 7.5 mile race. Chris Hayhow was fastest for GFDR, followed by Ian Lawson, Pru Hayhow, Lee Prowse and Gavin Foster.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday’s race followed a seven mile route from Duton Hill.
For GFDR, Dan Reynolds and James Bosher finished together followed by Martin Jackson and Paul McKenna. Matt Webster was ahead of Chris Hayhow, Pru Hayhow, Ian Lawson, Claudine Davie, Lee Prowse, Kath Birks, Gavin Foster, Jackie Adams and Richard Percy.
- 1 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 2 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 3 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 6 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 7 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 8 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 9 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 10 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
On Monday there was a six mile race from Great Waltham. Ian Lawson was fastest for GFDR followed by Pru Hayhow, Lee Prowse, Kath Birks, Gavin Foster, Jackie Adams and Katia Jardine, while Chris Hayhow ran a shorter route.