Easter Sunday trail for Dunmow runners
- Credit: Archant
The annual Eggstravaganza of four trails hosted by local running clubs took place over the Easter weekend.
Sunday’s race, organised by Howard Jardine of Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR), was from the Leather Bottle in Pleshey.
The mainly off road, seven-mile route was heavy going with mud and sticky soil clinging to runners’ shoes.
Fastest for GFDR was Jason Wintin, finishing 12th out of 104 runners in an hour.
John Hardy and Nick Perry completed the course in 1hr 20mins, Andy Stevenson in 1hr 21mins, Lee Prowse in 1hr 23mins and Natalie Herbert in 1hr 24mins.
You may also want to watch:
After the race runners were able to enjoy the beer festival and barbeque at a nearby pub.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 6 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 New cycle network consultation announced
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 Summer art competition for children launched by school