Easter Sunday trail for Dunmow runners
- Credit: Archant
The annual Eggstravaganza of four trails hosted by local running clubs took place over the Easter weekend.
Sunday’s race, organised by Howard Jardine of Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR), was from the Leather Bottle in Pleshey.
The mainly off road, seven-mile route was heavy going with mud and sticky soil clinging to runners’ shoes.
Fastest for GFDR was Jason Wintin, finishing 12th out of 104 runners in an hour.
John Hardy and Nick Perry completed the course in 1hr 20mins, Andy Stevenson in 1hr 21mins, Lee Prowse in 1hr 23mins and Natalie Herbert in 1hr 24mins.
You may also want to watch:
After the race runners were able to enjoy the beer festival and barbeque at a nearby pub.
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 3 One arrest after harassment complaints in Halstead
- 4 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 5 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 6 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 7 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 8 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 9 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 10 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month