Earl takes national golf title to follow in sister’s footsteps
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow teenager Holly Earl is the 2015 Girl’s Open Independent Schools Golf champion.
The 13-year-old Felsted School pupil took the title in the tournament held at Sunningdale Ladies Golf Club.
The event was open to any pupils that attend an independent junior prep school age 14 and under. Holly entered and won the girls’ trophy with a nett score of 53, the third best of the day for both boys and girls competitors.
Competing against 25 other schools, Holly performed at an incredibly high standard.
Like her older sister, Rebecca, who recently became Hertfordshire girls’ champion, Holly looks set on a stunning golfing pathway.
You may also want to watch:
Holly’s mother Julia, said: “Holly played really well around the beautiful but, challenging course and we are very proud of her.”
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease