Earl takes national golf title to follow in sister’s footsteps
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow teenager Holly Earl is the 2015 Girl’s Open Independent Schools Golf champion.
The 13-year-old Felsted School pupil took the title in the tournament held at Sunningdale Ladies Golf Club.
The event was open to any pupils that attend an independent junior prep school age 14 and under. Holly entered and won the girls’ trophy with a nett score of 53, the third best of the day for both boys and girls competitors.
Competing against 25 other schools, Holly performed at an incredibly high standard.
Like her older sister, Rebecca, who recently became Hertfordshire girls’ champion, Holly looks set on a stunning golfing pathway.
You may also want to watch:
Holly’s mother Julia, said: “Holly played really well around the beautiful but, challenging course and we are very proud of her.”
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 9 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash