Dunmow youth football round up
Dunmow youth football round up
Maldon Saints Greens 3 Dunmow Rhodes Lions 5
DUNMOW Rhodes Lions were back in action on Sunday and put in a spirited performance to come away with victory from Maldon.
On a cold and wet morning and on a heavy pitch, conditions were tough – and the start wasn’t ideal fro Lions with Greens taking the lead in the first minute.
You may also want to watch:
But they quickly drew level when Christian Roles tucked the ball into the net after a cross from Adam Griggs.
Lions took the lead on 16 minutes when, from another Griggs corner, a Greens defender put the ball into his own net, before Sam Duberry added a third before half time.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
Maldon pulled a goal back after the restart, but more neat work from Griggs and man-of-the-match Sam Hockley ended with Dominic Roles firing home.
Liam Demmon’s excellent run from defence then set up Dominic Roles to score his second goal of the game to make it 5-2 to Lions, before Maldon grabbed a late consolation.
Dunmow Rhodes 2 Hutton Reds 1
JAY Smith scored a late winner for Rhodes in an evenly-contested match with Hutton.
Both sides worked hard and created chances in the first half but neither was able to take the lead.
Rhodes took the game to Hutton after the break and following a good cross Ben Evans tapped home at the back post.
Hutton forced an equaliser from a corner and both teams looked for the winner. But it was Smith who followed up on a save from the Hutton keeper to score the decider.
Dunmow Rhodes Tigers 3 Heybridge Swifts Panthers 1
DUNMOW Rhodes moved into the next round of the Blackwater Divisional Cup with victory over Heybridge.
The hosts started well, creating many opportunities but found the Heybridge goalkeeper in good form.
Miles Thorpe opened the scoring when he followed up on a shot parred by the visiting keeper and Alfie Bowen made it two.
Panthers pulled one back before the break but Rhodes continued to create opportunities in the second half and sealed the win thanks to Louis Leaning’s finish.
Wilvale Rangers 4 Dunmow Rhodes 0
RHODES were soundly beaten in this clash with Wilvale.
With key players out, it was always going to be tough for Rhodes and they found themselves 2-0 down following silly mistakes.
Johnston in the Rhodes goal was outstanding, making save after save, and Thomson in midfield was a force to contend with, even saving a certain goal off the line.
The second half was all Wilvale who deserved their win.