Dunmow youth football - Flitch bounce back

Youth football round up for the Dunmow area

Youth football


Flitch Youth 5

Dunmow United Hawks 2

FOLLOWING a disappointing exit from the cup, Flitch looked to bounce back strongly against rivals Dunmow United in an eagerly awaited derby game.

An early Hawks break was thwarted and a long clearance found Leon Roelleke, who controlled and picked out Jak Weston to drill home Flitch’s first.

Most Read

Soon after a curling Ben Lye corner found Jacob Morgan who finished neatly with his left foot.

After half time Roelleke made the game more comfortable with a one-on-one finish.

An own goal gave the Hawks hope but Morgan all but clinched the points with an assured strike.

He then grabbed the headlines by popping up to grab his hat trick and Flitch’s fifth goal.

With the game petering out Hawks managed to unsettle the Flitch defence enough to grab a second goal. But it turned out to be a mere consolation rather than a dramatic fight back.

Elsenham Youth 0

Plantation Pumas 13

AN outstanding team performance by Plantation resulted in their second biggest win of the season.

Elsenham started quite brightly but faced a very determined Tom Keogh in defence.

Plantation quickly found their passing rhythm and dominated the midfield from then on.

A brace each for Tom Roddis, Bradley Jones and Harry Dorrian, a hat-trick for Louis Temblett and four goals for Toby Salmon left this very determined young team with another emphatic victory.

Barnston 0

Thaxted Rangers 3

THAXTED gave a solid performance to overcome a spirited Barnston. Mason Allington smashed a cross into the box which a Barnston defender sliced into his own net. The second was pure class, Chris Donlon started a move that involved Samuel Skinner, Joseph Osborn and finally Mason Allington, who provided the cross for Edward Wilson to volley home.

The home side tried to strike back, but Angus Gemmill made two outstanding challenges catching the striker up on both occasions and Felix Robarts kept Barnston at bay with two great saves for another clean sheet.

Joseph Osborn then sealed the win after good work from Allington.


Dunmow United stingrays 2

Great Notley Ligers 0

TWO evenly matched sides fought out a thoroughly entertaining match. Dunmow pressed early on and an unfortunate spill by the Ligers keeper enabled Jack Redman to tap in from close range.

The game ebbed and flowed with United just having the upper hand. The crucial and decisive second goal came from James Oliver as he scored his first of the season. He took the ball round two defenders to blast the ball into the Liger goal, leaving the keeper stranded.


Dunmow United 0

Dunmow Rhodes 11

ALTHOUGH Rhodes were without injured top striker Gilbert they still dominated from start to finish and put 11 past their local rivals.

Pinpoint accuracy from midfield ace Currie saw the opener for Tucker – the first of four for him. Wood played a confident and intelligent game in defence before resuming his usual slot in goal allowing Murphy a spell on pitch, but the day belonged to the front players, United had no response and the goals kept flowing, Manley linking with Williamson and Tucker saw a brace of goals between them with Maddox, Johnston, Frost, and Currie adding to the score line to cement a very satisfying afternoon for the visitors who were only denied a greater score by a superb performance by the united keeper.


Dunmow Rhodes 6

East Thurrock United 3

RHODES impressive form continued with a devastating second half display. Following a barren spell, the Dunmow side have now struck ten goals in two matches and managed six in what was a tight affair against East Thurrock.

For the fist goal Soutar released Turner on the left and his pass found skipper Leaning who beat two defenders before scoring a classy opener.

After the break Carter’s skill caused the visitors trouble and it was no surprise when he weaved his way through to score the second goal. The visitors pulled one back before Murphy scored the third with a great run and shot from the edge of the box. Evans struck the crossbar before Turner converted a pass from Frost for the fourth. And goalkeeper Johnson, who has been outstanding for Dunmow this season, then saved superbly twice before Thurrock pulled one back. Rhodes struck again when Dicker slid a magnificent ball through for relentless Murphy to set up Frost for a fifth. Despite conceding another goal Frost’s unselfish running was rewarded with his second and Rhodes sixth.

Billericay Town Colts 0

Dunmow United Tigers 1

UNITED’S unbeaten League Cup run continued on Sunday. Midfield trio Windsor, Monk and Capon worked tirelessly to close down in the middle of the park, helping to create several openings during the first period.

Man of the match Ollie Walker thought he’d broken the deadlock but had his well placed shot cleared off the line and Irvings follow up shot was blocked well by Towns determined defending.

The vital goal came with ten minutes remaining. Walker dropped deep to collect the ball and sprayed a lovely pass out to Suleyman on the left who beat his opponent for pace and placed a neat lob over the stranded keeper.

Springfield 0

Barnston 13

BARNSTON continue their excellent form with a rampaging victory at Springfield, scoring thirteen times.

Goals from Christian Roles, Adam Griggs, Domonic Roles, Sam Duberry (2) ensured a half time lead of 5-0.

The second half was much the same with Griggs and Jake Lander both grabbing another with Duberry completing his hat trick in between.

Duberry added his fourth and Frank Luckin hit number 10. Both Duberry and Griggs added another each and Matthew Green rounded off the game with number 13 – unlucky for Springfield.

Hatfield Peverel 0

Thaxted Rangers 11

RORY Mercer scored first after Jack Ormsby and Jack Morris combined. Ormsby then assisted Morris who scored the second, he then lobbed the keeper for a third before Callum Sparrow scored Thaxted’s fourth.

Mercer made it five just before half time when he scored from close range. Sparrow soon made it six and Austen Domin added another.

Thaxted continued to attack and after a few blocked shots Morris claimed his hat trick from Mercer’s rebounded shot.

Not content, Morris scored his fourth. Sparrow netted his hat trick and Mercer followed with his hat trick moments later.


Priory Parkside 3

Great Bardfield Muddogs 6

THE Muddogs left it late to secure the points against bottom placed Priory Parkside. After an even first 40 minutes the score had reached 3-3, Fairhurst with all of them for the visitors.

But the Muddogs grabbed the initiative and pulled away from their rivals. Forbes scored with a calm chip before Clarke-Holland extended the lead to 5-3 and Fairhurst added his fourth to round off a rousing victory.


Flitch Youth 0

Writtle Minors 1

THE difference in league positions suggested this could be a very difficult game for Flitch, however the reality was far different and it was Writtle that had to work very hard to take the points.

The only difference between the two sides was a well taken first half goal in favour of Writtle Minors.

A well executed lob over the defence was latched onto by a Writtle forward and confidently finished to give Writtle a half time lead.

The second half saw Flitch Youth show why their current league position is very unfortunate, they matched Writtle in every position and were unlucky not to at very least get a point from the game.

Every Flitch player can be very proud of their performance and it will not be long before the league position improves and Flitch Youth show Division Three they are real contenders.

While with recent performances it has been a recurring theme to say that it would be unfair to single out any one player, this week there was one hard working little dynamo that stood head and shoulders above all others in this game and Charlie Coopersmith thoroughly deserved this week’s man of the match.

Baddow Spartak 2

Thaxted Rangers 3

THAXTED have performed strongly in the cup competitions, but their league campaign has so far failed to get started.

But that was put right with a fairly comfortable win. The visitors were already two goals up as the first half drew to a close, both from Suyash Gurung, but the home side nicked a late goal to set up a competitive second half.

However Callum Archer restored Thaxted’s two-goal advantage. A scrambled goal with five minutes to go gave Baddow a glimmer of hope and it was a relatively nervous last few minutes for the visitors.

However, Thaxted hung on to take all three points and finally get their league campaign on the road.