Dunmow United Pythons beaten in league cup
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow United Pythons U12s put on a battling display, but fell to a 2-1 Blackwater and Dengie Youth League Division One League Cup loss to Broomfield Fire.
Shaking off the New Year cobwebs, Pythons pushed hard against a team to which they had lost too easily last month.
Dunmow produced a solid defensive display.
Broomfield were strong and well organised and showed lots of skill upfront, and took the lead early on.
They threatened to pull away, but Dunmow managed to stay solid.
You may also want to watch:
Rocco Torrens was excellent in Dunmow’s goal, controlling his area and pulling off some excellent saves.
Ollie Craig excelled with a strong battling performance in midfield.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 9 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 10 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
In the second half, Dunmow showed more in attack, and had a number of corners but were unable to convert.
Louis Jenkins and Cameron Gibson linked well on the left flank.
Eventually a through ball was clipped to Harry Roberts who beat two men before curling home.
Dunmow then faced a spell of sustained pressure and eventually fell behind to a well taken goal.