Dunmow United Pythons beaten in league cup
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow United Pythons U12s put on a battling display, but fell to a 2-1 Blackwater and Dengie Youth League Division One League Cup loss to Broomfield Fire.
Shaking off the New Year cobwebs, Pythons pushed hard against a team to which they had lost too easily last month.
Dunmow produced a solid defensive display.
Broomfield were strong and well organised and showed lots of skill upfront, and took the lead early on.
They threatened to pull away, but Dunmow managed to stay solid.
Rocco Torrens was excellent in Dunmow’s goal, controlling his area and pulling off some excellent saves.
Ollie Craig excelled with a strong battling performance in midfield.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 5 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 8 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
- 9 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 10 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
In the second half, Dunmow showed more in attack, and had a number of corners but were unable to convert.
Louis Jenkins and Cameron Gibson linked well on the left flank.
Eventually a through ball was clipped to Harry Roberts who beat two men before curling home.
Dunmow then faced a spell of sustained pressure and eventually fell behind to a well taken goal.