Dunmow United already secure silverware
A GROUP of young footballers from Dunmow have been recognised for their outstanding behaviour and sense of fair play.
Dunmow United U8s were presented with the Blackwater and Dengie League Sportsmanship of the Year Trophy last week to commend their achievements for the 2009/10 season.
Last time out the lads played come rain or shine and according to mum and helper Sarah Warnes have deserved this recognition for the teams’ behaviour which has been “outstanding”.
She said: “Their efforts have been tremendous and the overall team spirit has been amazing.”
The league asked all the other teams to vote on which team they think most deserved the prestigious and valued award. The United lads were told that they had set a great example of fair play in every match.
You may also want to watch:
In the picture is back row; Harry Warnes, Daniel Matthews, James Saunders and George Haddon,
Front row; Jack Byrne, Angus Moore, Mackenzie Bone and Arrie O’Sullivan.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing