Dunmow United already secure silverware
A GROUP of young footballers from Dunmow have been recognised for their outstanding behaviour and sense of fair play.
Dunmow United U8s were presented with the Blackwater and Dengie League Sportsmanship of the Year Trophy last week to commend their achievements for the 2009/10 season.
Last time out the lads played come rain or shine and according to mum and helper Sarah Warnes have deserved this recognition for the teams’ behaviour which has been “outstanding”.
She said: “Their efforts have been tremendous and the overall team spirit has been amazing.”
The league asked all the other teams to vote on which team they think most deserved the prestigious and valued award. The United lads were told that they had set a great example of fair play in every match.
You may also want to watch:
In the picture is back row; Harry Warnes, Daniel Matthews, James Saunders and George Haddon,
Front row; Jack Byrne, Angus Moore, Mackenzie Bone and Arrie O’Sullivan.
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 5 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Half empty or half full weekend depending on whether you play for Dunmow's firsts or seconds
- 8 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 9 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 10 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success