Dunmow unable to make it three wins in a row
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow hopes of making it three wins in a row were dashed with a 157-run defeat to Exning on Saturday.
Having beaten both Easton and Ipswich in August, Dunmow travelled to Exning in the Two Counties Cricket Championship.
The home side batted first, after winning the toss, and ended on 268-3.
Tim Catley made a ton and Olly Lawson struck an unbeaten half century.
Dunmow were unable to challenge the hosts total and were all out for 111.
You may also want to watch:
Lawson took a fine 5-27 for Exning.
The loss leaves Dunmow ninth in the table.
- 1 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 2 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 5 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 6 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 7 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 8 Vulnerable Uttlesford residents set for council tax rate freeze
- 9 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 10 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
Dunmow play host to league leaders Copford on Saturday.
The table toppers have won 14 of 18 Division Two games this season.